PDA

View Full Version : Envelopes in Word

asdex
08-06-2003, 11:09 AM
I was printing out a lot of envelopes today, but I couldn't work out to centre the address. -
Size 10 envelopes. In preview, the address is always to the right of the envelope. If I click options and change delivery address "From left" from Auto to 8cm, this centres the address, but how do I make it permanent? I had to change it each time I did an envelope.
Thanks,
asdex

E.ric
08-06-2003, 11:23 AM
I use open office, but could use word if I had it,

I just type out address on standard page, do six carriage returns above the address, increase the font size, put in the envelope as a standard (short) page and print as normal, never had a problem works great.

rugila
08-06-2003, 10:55 PM
Have a look at
http://www.microsystems.com/dearteresa19envelopeaddress.htm
which may have some ideas on how to change the default address position on the envelope.

Gordon.
08-06-2003, 11:02 PM
One way to do it if you are using MS Word but any word program would do the same is to create a separate document for each address using what ever fonts and sizing to suit and save. To make the first one you might need to play around with some old paper and compare the envelope against it but once you have the margins set, you can save it.

For the senders address either include it on the front or create a separate document and save for printing out on the rear.

With those address documents saved just select the document for the correct address from your files, shove envelopes in the printer and click print.