PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield 1942 No connect to Internet games

Big John
07-06-2003, 08:08 PM
Just got this game to try out and am having trouble with it connecting to internet games. I get a list of all the game servers, ping times, and who is on each server but when I try and join a game it gives a short delay in trying to connect and then says it cannot connect to the server.
Does not matter which server.

Now I have plenty of other games that are running and connect to internet games just fine like UnReal Tournament II so do not suspect my connection. Is there any known problems with BF1942?

Mike
07-06-2003, 08:13 PM
Is it a legal version or is it a copy of somebody elses?

Mike.

Big John
07-06-2003, 09:21 PM
It is a legal version brought from Dick Smith this morning. How could you ask such a question?

Mr. Insanity
07-06-2003, 10:12 PM
Don't be supprised by Mikes question, its common to have someone to copied a friends or downloaded it off a p2p program to come running to the forums that there game doesn't work.

I think I know what your problem is....
Have you updated Battlefield to the latest version? (version 1.31)
If not, you can get it here: ftp://www.jetstreamgames.co.nz/pub/1942/battlefield_1942_patch_v1.31.exe

Be warned though, another patch is coming out soon, 1.4 -- so you'll probably have to update it again soon.

Mr. Insanity
07-06-2003, 10:13 PM
Sorry bout the bad grammar on that post, I forgot this board didn't have post editing.

Big John
07-06-2003, 10:25 PM
> Don't be supprised by Mikes question, its common to
> have someone to copied a friends or downloaded it off
> a p2p program to come running to the forums that
> there game doesn't work.

I know that but I am annoyed that the first thing something thinks when someone askes a question is that it is most likely pirated. There are a few individuals who are honest.

I grabbed the patch already but have not yet installed it. I am surprised that the game is not intelligent enough to tell you that you need an update instead of just putting up a error message that tells you nothing at all of a possible cause.

Mike
08-06-2003, 08:50 AM
> I know that but I am annoyed that the first thing
> something thinks when someone askes a question is
> that it is most likely pirated. There are a few
> individuals who are honest.

Don't be annoyed - I didn't assume that it was copied, it's just that this is one of the main things that happen when you try to use a pirated game on the internet servers. It's the question to ask to narrow down the possibilities the fastest. If it was a copied game then that was going to be the most likely problem. If it wasn't then we move on to what else the problem could be. There was no attack on your personal character intended - I was just trying to help solve your problem.

Mike.

Mike
08-06-2003, 08:52 AM
> I grabbed the patch already but have not yet
> installed it. I am surprised that the game is not
> intelligent enough to tell you that you need an
> update instead of just putting up a error message
> that tells you nothing at all of a possible cause.

I tried connecting to an America's Army server a couple of weeks ago, but with the wrong version (1.5 instead of 1.6 or 1.7) and when I logged on with my brand new account I was told "user has been banned". It turns out it is because I was trying to connect with an old version (and that I hadn't been banned at all). I guess it's just something that the game designers never really thought about.

Mike.

valiantnz
08-06-2003, 12:49 PM
Install the 1.31 patch and you'll be away laughing. try the desert combat mod to for some extra fun. DC is currently at 0.35 fullinstall. BF1942 is not like UT2k3 where you can join a game weather your game is patched or not. It must be upto date and the most current version of the patch installed. (currently 1.31) Get in there and enjoy what is perhaps one of the best games ever released.

Big John
08-06-2003, 08:32 PM
Where are the extra maps got from? Tried to join a desert combat one and it got 3/4 through loading and said corrupt data and dropped back to windows without a "hows you father"

Error control is pretty poor on this software. Not something I would recommend to friends to purchase.

Icarus
09-06-2003, 04:05 AM
There are links to download sites at: www.desertcombat.com . Hope ya got a good connection cause the file isn't small. You need version 0.35 Alpha, which is the latest. Also comin out are a vietnam one called devastation and a starwars mod. Happy gaming. ;)

Icarus
09-06-2003, 04:09 AM
Also there is a map called aberdeen available from the official site (16MB)
http://www.eagames.com/official/battlefield1942/

Icarus
09-06-2003, 04:21 AM
Opps, I cocked up. The vietnam mod is not called devastation but Eve of Destruction. You can download a demo of it now. Soz about that.