PDA

View Full Version : Viralock

msexton
05-06-2003, 09:33 PM
I posted this to PC World last month "I downloaded Viralock from the May 2003 CD. During installation it froze twice while encrypting Outlook Express and attempts to uninstall it resulted in an error message related to Windows XP SR-1 (I think). In the end the only way to get rid of it was to remove all references to it in the Registry before I could delete the folder, and then reconfigure my email access (POP3 and SMPT) so that I could access my mailbox. Not fatal but a damned nuisance." Scott Bartley said that had been no other reports with this programme. Now, however I get the following message when opening any application involving Outlook "Microsoft Outlook. The add-in "F:\PROGRA~1\SENTRY~1\Viralock\vlmapi.dll" could not be installed or loaded. This problem may be resolved by using Help and Repair on the Help menu. Unable to load. You may be out of memory, out of system resources or missing a .dll file."
Once I click the "OK" Outlook loads normally. Its a nuisance but not fatal and I don't intend to do a major reformat of my 60G system, but are there any other suggestions?

Regards,

MikeS

Mike
05-06-2003, 09:39 PM
Hi MikeS,

Try this in Outlook:

Tools > Options. Click on the "Other" tab, and click "Advanced Options". In the window that opens click on "Add-In Manager" and see if there is a reference to either that program or to the .dll file. If so then remove it, or just untick it, and click OK. Then do the same with "COM Add-ins".

HTH

Mike.

msexton
08-06-2003, 09:49 PM
Thanks Mike,

No joy with that. It doesn't register in the Outlook Options.

Any other suggestions? Anyone?

Regards,

MikeS

Pheonix
08-06-2003, 10:19 PM
Worth a try... Download JV16 powertools. Install and open. Go to registry tools and look through list for any references to viralock and tick , then hit the remove button. From the top menu, choose tools-registry cleaner and run it. After running, go select-all and hit the delete button. Close jv16 and restart PC and see if it still occurs.