PDA

View Full Version : Norton system works startup

yingxuan
05-06-2003, 04:01 AM
I have norton system works 2003 installed.at startup these files are loaded.csinject,norton protect,ccvtmsgr,ccregvfy,ccapp and script blocking.
I know if i delete csinject at startup norton antivirus auto protect would not function.

NOw that leaves to ccvtmsgr,ccregfy and ccapp.Are they safe to delete.What do those files do?

What is script blocking?
I know it can be disabled but i chose not to.The most important answer i want to know is what the above 3 files at the top on the 2nd paragraph do.Is it save to delete?I use started to delete startup files.

yingxuan
05-06-2003, 04:02 AM
nprotect shouldn't be deleted because im guessing its detecting any unusual activity

Icarus
05-06-2003, 08:39 AM
Just lookin at them it would say that they are autoprotect in messenger, registry and applications... :|

Billy T
05-06-2003, 10:10 AM
I assume that by "delete" you mean deactivate in the startup menu as opposed to actually deleting the file? Taking your answer to the above as "Yes", then be aware that you can customise the installation to set up the level of protection you want. However, assuming you have installed the defaults, I'd leave them alone unless you are experiencing a problem.

If you are having a problem and you suspect SystemWorks (it has been known to happen :|) then deselect each Norton startup function in turn to identify which one is the cause, then go to Norton's website to see if there is a fix available.

If you have no problems, let well alone. There is no point in buying and installing SystemWorks if you don't intend to let it do its job.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

yingxuan
05-06-2003, 03:26 PM
Yes deactivate is the right answer.

The files I meantion at the top are the ones that hasn't been deactivate becase it cannot be deactivate.The only program i haven't deactivate is norton anti virus.I wonder if those 4 files got to do something with the program.
All I know is that csinject and nprotect belongs to nav.
The rest Im not quite sure.
LAstime i deleted csinject using StartEd I had to reinstall norton system works again and it took like 20 mins since my computer is 200mhz.
My computer runs slow with nav auto protect on.I saw those files and wonder if its save to delete

Billy T
05-06-2003, 04:13 PM
Do you have enough RAM? I am using NAV on a P166 with 256MB of RAM and notice only a minor slowdown from auto protect. It is also a little slow when opening large documents because it takes time to scan, but not enough to worry about. A P200 should be better than a P166!

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

PoWa
05-06-2003, 04:27 PM
Well I'm running system works, NAV and Internet Security.

The only things I have going on my startup are:

ccApp, ccRegVfy.

Everything seems to work fine :p I think there are more running in the services section though.

Nprotect, is your norton protected recycle bin.
csinject? never heard of that? I don't think its part of system works? Its not running on my machine anyway.
Script blocking is part of antivirus I believe. Stops those malicious scripts :p

Jen C
05-06-2003, 06:50 PM
I have Nortons SystemsWorks (Pro) and I have trimmed down the startup list so that only ccApp and ccRegVfy load.

csinject is associated with Cleansweep. It has been known to cause problems. More information can be found here (http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/cleansweep.nsf/docid/1999022413295728) on csinject. I disabled this program (and in fact uninstalled CleanSweep) as I found it a nuisance for me.

yingxuan
06-06-2003, 10:54 AM
To my surprise Csinject needs to be loaded at startup for norton anti virus auto protect to work.!!