PDA

View Full Version : have a show of hands of people that are doing the beta of office 2003

robert_m_r_w
04-06-2003, 09:15 PM
if you are beta tester for office 2003 that live in nz, pls posted your message here.

thanks

Mike
05-06-2003, 02:10 PM
I am.

I'm also doing several other MS betas.

Mike.

-=JM=-
05-06-2003, 03:02 PM
I'm one of the people. Not really pulling my weight though.

Tinakarori
08-06-2003, 09:29 PM
Hi, I obtained a beta kit from MS US, and then had one sent free to me by MS NZ! Installed the complete beta OK, but then had usability probs with Outlook 2003 - didn't like some of the automated features, and couldn't figure out how to access my Favo[u]rites in it, as I always could and can with all up to the current XP version. Uninstalled Outlook '03, and re-installed Outlook XP with some difficulty as it kept insisting there was a version of Outlook already installed - '03 obviously left some traces somewhere that Uninstall didn't clear.

Haven't really used any of the main programs - Excel, Word, etc - apart from a quick look, as have been too busy since with urgent work to risk doing any of it in beta versions. Will experiment sometime soon, when under a bit less time pressure. I emailed the MS US site querying how to include the Favorites drop-down menu on the Outlook screen, but have had no response so far.

I would be very interested to see other beta user's impressions.

PoWa
08-06-2003, 10:38 PM
Hey whats the URL to sign up for Beta Testing??

Do they give you the full product since you have been testing for them???

Mike
09-06-2003, 09:36 AM
> Hey whats the URL to sign up for Beta Testing??

It's too late to sign up now I believe :( Testing has been going on for months now - we're about to enter the third phase of testing.

> Do they give you the full product since you have been testing for them???

Not likely, but that'd be nice :D

Mike.

robert_m_r_w
09-06-2003, 01:09 PM
mike,

did you ever look at the site that i have given you?

tony

and for any other people who want to look/comment on the site.

robert_m_r_w
09-06-2003, 01:10 PM
Tinakarori ,

did you posted your problems at betaplace?

Big John
09-06-2003, 04:57 PM
That would be me as well. Have tried it on 3 machines ranging from a 550Mhz Pentium III to a 2Ghz P4.

I have to say that Windows 2003 Server runs well even on the 550Mhz machine with 256MB of Ram. A real surprise.

There are some major bugs but most of them are with addins and such. Things like ICQ for OutLook, EndNote for Word.

Mike
09-06-2003, 05:17 PM
> Things like ICQ for OutLook

This appears to only be an issue with ICQ 2003 - I had 2003 version for a while but the problem with Outlook was such that I just reverted back to ICQ2002 and it works fine :)

Mike.