PDA

View Full Version : Cheaper Paradise plan - 150 hours for $15

write-click
04-06-2003, 02:10 PM
I'm not sure how long it has been available, or how many people are aware of it, but Paradise now has a $15 for 150 hours plan. I found $10 for 20 hours too little but never used anywhere near the 250 on the next plan up for $20. I was told about this today and have changed my plan online with ease. I use around 50-70 hours per month on average so this suits me down to the ground. It would have been nice if Paradise had told me first though...

nomad
04-06-2003, 02:13 PM
must of been recent. i am w/ clear net with $15 150hr and a while back paradise could nto match it. believe it was $20 for 200hr was it....

clear net is also under similar mgmt suppose its same same :D

Smurf
04-06-2003, 02:44 PM
Thanks for that...I have now changed my plan accordingly. Smurf

supergran
04-06-2003, 08:51 PM
They have had that plan around since Zfree dissappeared. It was one of the bargains that the isp's used to try and get the zfree customers, and I have used it from then, till last month, when I broke the 150 hours, and changed to Paradise's 250 hours.

gerrypics
05-06-2003, 12:06 AM
I think this has come about because paradise is now owned by telstra clear

Ritzz
05-06-2003, 12:16 AM
Yeah i found it out too the other day...by mistake whiel checking Webmail
Changed to 150 Plan.
Xtra is planning to offer the same one pretty soon.
Cheers

kiwibeat
05-06-2003, 08:23 AM
I am with slingshot that is $17 per month no limits on downloads

argus
05-06-2003, 10:38 AM
> clear net is also under similar mgmt suppose its same same.

I use Paradise/T-C cable and have dial-up ClearNet (straight volume charge with no minimum) as a backup. My domain, for historical reasons, and reasons of doubtful competence and miscommunication, is still hosted on Clear. I'm still getting two bills, with two different account no's from the two parts of the company. T-C says it intends to keep them, for the time being as separate "brands".

I think it'd be a rash assumption to suppose they even talk to each other a lot; much less employ similar business models.

When I was with Xtra (through Telecom lines) I was cut off from Xtra service on at least one occasion because of Telecom's inability to tell Xtra that I had now paid my overdue phone bill.

Silo thinking is still very much alive :-(

Argus

yingxuan
05-06-2003, 02:45 PM
I use paradise.
I notice the change a long time ago.Paradise emailed me about the changes which was good.
Paradise is quite slow.Im using dial up.
However they havent got any programs to scan attachments like xtra does.I have been getting viruses into my email paradise account for the past 4 weeks.Everyday i log on I have to use mailwasher to bounce back the email bak to the person.Started off by support@microsoft.com as the from email but later It seemed to get the virus from all sorts of hotmail address.
Hmm..Paradise didn't help me much after I've rung them just said that the virus deactivates at may 2003 and an email they sent me gave me information about going to spycop and let them deal with it.
It's now june and i still receive viruses.!!!!

yingxuan
05-06-2003, 02:46 PM
oops i meant to say paradise is fast not slow!!Compare with xtra.GRRR!!!

yingxuan
05-06-2003, 02:47 PM
And i thought that isp's meant to keep us save from viruses and spam.Sigh..:_|WAAA!!!:_|