PDA

View Full Version : motherboard connections help please

zip1nz
04-06-2003, 02:50 PM
Have just put a MS6340 motherboard out of a packard bell system into a newly modded case but cant see where which plug goes on what pin, for front usb and hd led and also reset switch, everything else goes fine but would be great to have these functions working. Any know where i can get a diagram to show me where to put the plugs, any help greatly appreciated . Thanks

godfather
04-06-2003, 03:06 PM
You need the mother board manual.

Typing MS6340 manual into Google gives this link (http://support.tangent.com/hardware/motherboard/mbx-068.htm)

Download the manual in pdf form

zip1nz
04-06-2003, 03:31 PM
Thanks godfather, cant download @ work but looks good will check out 2nite cheers.

Spacemannz
09-06-2003, 06:11 PM
Most motherboards have the connections labelled on the mobo. ie: ide LED, HDD LED, Speaker, reset, Power sw and USB (if theres a USB connection, on the mobo).

Just match the wires in the case, to the connections on the mobo.

Even tho I have the manuals for these, I dont use them. I just matched the wires up to the labelling on the mobo.

zip1nz
11-06-2003, 07:38 PM
Yeah I have put in enough motherboards to know to do that too, I have this unit going now but no thanks to the manual as it is the same as markings on the motherboard but they are incorrect as all the plugs are in totally different places as to where they should be. As i say going now but what a trial and error mission! Thanks for your iput.