PDA

View Full Version : Nvidia driver for geforce2 mx/mx400 please.

sam m
02-06-2003, 12:37 AM
Hi,
I recently reinstalled XP. All went well but I forgot to save the driver for my graphics card. No problem, I duly went to Nvidia site and downloaded the latest driver and installed.

The problem I have is (I think it is because of the driver) that when I go online my ping is now 50% slower playing MOHAA. I have tried using XP default driver but then I cant get the game to run. I have been to driversguide.com but those drivers dont seem to instal. I have tried drivers for different OS but the game wont run on those. Basically what I am after is the driver I had when I first installed MOHAA 7 months ago. Does anyone know where I can find this?

Admittedly the driver that I have now makes the graphics a lot clearer with better detail but I am sure that it is affecting my ping.

thanks

sam m

Captive
02-06-2003, 03:15 AM
Hello,

That seems like a very unusual correlation.

I would suggest if you really suspect this you go to start > [settings for classic skin] > control panel > administrative tools > Performance

Run the perfomance monitor with some tests of items you think may be correlated to the slow down e.g. cpu load, ram, disk activity, network speed.

While it is not totally impossible that the gfx card may affect your ping speed i would assume in what may well prove true in most cases that it may have little bearing.

Feel free to run some tests though to confirm the data. Or hunt for the driver.

Personally i would rather try and be sure on the fact first though because it does sound a little strange.

roofus
02-06-2003, 10:57 AM
Yea i dont think its your driver causing the low ping speed, although it could be that this driver is set with all the aliasing bla bla enabled which means more computing resources to run at normal speed, and probably what your experiencing is lower frame rates, drop the resolution and see if that makes a change

sam m
02-06-2003, 11:13 AM
thanks for info,
I will try to change the settings within the game to see if that helps. I also noticed that there is a new Nvidia icon (Nvidia Media Center) in my taskbar since installing the driver. If I click on it there are quite a few options there that might help as well.

cheers