PDA

View Full Version : Javascript disabled in IE 6?

rocktap
01-06-2003, 12:49 PM
I am trying to login to a banking website and nothing happens when I click on 'login'. I know its a javascript link and I suspect that a pop up killer prog (web washer) I installed and later uninstalled has possibly disabled javascript. I've tried a IE 6 'repair' but no change. Any ideas?

Pheonix
01-06-2003, 12:55 PM
Firewall settings will also do this. If you have a firewall, just close it down to test, if you still have the same problem then start firewall back up again. Also check your security settings in IE. Adjust and try, then restore.

stu140103
01-06-2003, 12:57 PM
> I am trying to login to a banking website and nothing
> happens when I click on 'login'. I know its a
> javascript link and I suspect that a pop up killer
> prog (web washer) I installed and later uninstalled
> has possibly disabled javascript. I've tried a IE 6
> 'repair' but no change. Any ideas?

What OS do you have???? Do you know if you have Java installed????

rocktap
03-06-2003, 09:39 AM
I'm using Win XP. I can't be entirely sure that IE has Java - under Options - advanced I see under Microsoft VM that Java console is enabled, how else can I check that Java is there/enabled. Secondly, is Java and javascripts the same thing? I've disabled the native Win XP firewall but this made no difference.

Russell D
03-06-2003, 09:48 AM
Which bank? - as now I cannot get some menus to display logging in to Westpac since last Friday.

Jim B
03-06-2003, 09:59 AM
Java and Javascript are different things

In Internet Explorer go to Tools\Internet Options

1/ On the General tab press "Delete Files" then tick "Delete All Offline
Content" then press "OK". Now press "Delete Cookies" then "OK".
2/ On the Security tab press "Default Level" then press "Apply"
3/ On the Privacy tab press "Default" then press "Apply" and OK

See if that works.

rocktap
03-06-2003, 10:01 AM
PSIS. But you might want to try a different browser. When IE gave no joy, I tried Mozilla and it was fine first time. Unfortunately even Mozilla won't let me login now, it launches javascript window but won't let me click in the login fields. Weird eh?

rocktap
03-06-2003, 10:14 AM
Thank you Jim - problem sorted!