PDA

View Full Version : Quick launch bar disappeared

babaji
31-05-2003, 04:27 PM
Hi

Running Window 98 SE

Quick lauch bar has disappeared
This happened quite some time ago, so I can't say what I had done with the computer prior to it's disappearance.

I have sent this query to another newsgroup, but the only suggestion I received was to right click on the task bar and from the pop up menu select toolbars then Quicklaunch.

This was of no use to me because none of the toolbars are available from that pop up menu

Thanks to anyone that can help me get my Quicklaunch toolbar back

Terry Porritt
31-05-2003, 05:37 PM
Searching Google with "quick launch toolbar disappeared" threw up quite a few results.

Check that you have a folder called Quick Launch located at c:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer

That is where the the Quick Launch shortcuts go.

Have a look at this site (http://www.computerwriter.com/Star/2001/jul/cw070501__quick_lanuch_gone.htm)

If that doesnt work have a look at some of the Google search results.

babaji
31-05-2003, 07:12 PM
I found a solution by searching google and this is it if anyone else has the same problem

Your Quick Launch toolbar icons are missing or don't work? When you right-click the taskbar, the Toolbars menu is missing?
This can happen if something, like Tweakui, creates a ClassicShell value name at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Policies\Explorer and sets it to 0x0000.
To fix the problem, delete the ClassicShell value name, and restart your computer.