PDA

View Full Version : error msg when opening microsoft word

Term_X
31-05-2003, 01:29 AM
hi folks

just lately i get this error msg when open ms word it says " cannot find the file "(null)" (or one of its components). Make sure the path and filename arecorrect and that all required libraries are available. " i just click ok, it disappears and then carry on as normal, evrythings okay after that. how do i get rid of this error?.. i uninstalled and then reinstalled ms word.. same thing..i repaired win2k via the cd rom.. same thing that error msg still shows.. like i said.. when it shows i just click ok and its all good after that..thing is..i dont want that msg to keep comin up when ever i open ms word.. this is when i open ms word via the start/program files drop down list.. although i noticed if i open ms word by browsing to the exe ms office folder n program files that error doesnt come up.. so i can make a shortcut from that..thing is..i still want to stop the error msg from comin up when openin ms word the normal way..

okay..any ideas!! please helppp..

cheers

godfather
31-05-2003, 07:12 AM
Search your sysytem for the default template "normal.dot" and delete it or rename it.

It will be there, and its location will depend on the version and specific loading location of Word.

Any corruption will cause the problem you are seeing, and the file will be re-created when Word is first run after it is deleted. Reinstalling will not help, as its classed as a data file and not removed on uninstallation.

Term_X
31-05-2003, 03:56 PM
u the man godfather..u the man!! problem solved

awesome.. put ur solution in place.. and sweet as after that!

thanks for the help..i didnt think anyone would help me

peace out

Termz