PDA

View Full Version : Auto-play Disappeared

martini
30-05-2003, 06:28 PM
My Windows XP Professional system used to have Auto-play but has somehow managed to lose the feature on my DVDRom and CDWriter, so now when I put in a CD or game it doesn't start it up and I have to go into my start/programs shortcuts to start them up.
It worked a month ago and I used to get a choice of applications i.e. media player, open folder, burn with Nero etc, so maybe a program I have installed recently has messed Auto-play up. I have looked on Microsoft's Knowledge Base help and it suggests Auto-play may be deactivated in the Registry but it appears to be enabled ( that is it shows a 1 value not a 0) Can anyone suggest a remedy and also how to add other media players to my choice rather than just Windows Media Player? Yours Martin.

J ZEP
30-05-2003, 07:10 PM
Hi Martin - just a quick question? Do you mean you have lost the "Autoplay" setting tab? e.g when you right click the cdwr/dvd rom drive - properties? As I was just wondering if the tick has been removed from there, which would cause that possibly.... cause it does sound a little like the tick in the setting: Prompt me each time to choose an action may have been removed??? But i am guessing it won't be that easy ;-):-)

tommy
30-05-2003, 08:53 PM
You could try the suggestions in this thread (http://pressf1.pcworld.co.nz/thread.jsp?forum=1&thread=33187) to see if anything helps.