PDA

View Full Version : Internet Services Provider

csinclair83
30-05-2003, 11:39 AM
Hey!
i'm with quik at the moment...but i've been told off often for exceeding the recommended 160 hour monthly usage (yep i am on a flatrate)....i didnt read terms and conditions when i signed up...or i wouldnt have gone with them at all....
I used to be with xtra but there was something wrong so i said bye...and when i was with xtra...i was online alllllllllllllllll the time, apart from 2 hours a week...as yeah i'm deaf and its my only mode of commuication i have and enjoy :D

Anyway, quik says i cannot use more than 160 hours a month or i'd be seen as a "decicated connection" which is wrong in their standards...
OR...i can change plans and have a decidated connection, only if i disconnect from 5pm to 10pm daily...but the last 2 months i've racked up over 300 hours a month or just under...and i neva got told off...but i am just getting a weaker bandwidth than usual..usually get 53.333 but now its 50.6 (yup am on 56k modem)

BUT..now i am thinking of changing ISPS...but i pay quik $6 weekly as they charge 2 months in advance or something..

I dont know what to do...change isps....or just keep doing what i do?

advice and help please...

Gordon.
30-05-2003, 12:39 PM
Off memory Paradise is 250 a month flat rate with a charge for excessive hours, iNet/Snap in Christchurch have national lines, they were 280 month flat rate $20 and unless they have changed there policy, no excess charges. My parents are with them for Jetstart which they have recently changed but that used to be unlimited as well.

kiwibeat
30-05-2003, 04:34 PM
i am with slingshot easy to sign on $17 per month payable 3 months in advance and no limits on download times etc

Pheonix
30-05-2003, 05:10 PM
Clear was good at unlimited for $24.95/mnth , but are ghastly now. Lots of busy signals and timeouts. Took me 20 minutes to get on last night at 7:55pm.
So I am looking at moving too, although for different reasons.

cyberchuck
30-05-2003, 09:18 PM
Hey
Slingshot have a reasonable deal - 56k dialup for $17 per month with unlimited access... [url=http://www.slingshot.co.nz/[/url]
I would reccomend finding an ISP you are happy with and one that offers the services you need - saves a hell of a lot of hassle in the long run

CyberChuck