PDA

View Full Version : 3MP digicam ok? what bout the build quality??

nomad
28-05-2003, 11:12 AM
hello guys,

i am new to digicams. my store has a Canon new discontinued model D30 3MP at $1495 with a Canon Digital lense 28-200mm. Builtin flash.

My Q is, is 3MP enof for superior quality and what size prints can I achieve at that quality?

Also, compared to 6MP D-SLR should I see any differences if I do not enlarge the image too big??

This is a bargain if I can accept a 3MP and it suits my needs, I can always wait bit longer for the 6MP DSLR model's. I intend to use for photography interests w/ tripod, filters, shutter release cable under manaul mode.
Nomad.

nomad
28-05-2003, 11:14 AM
the intention is if i get some nice pix - they be processed at a professional ( not a usual camera shop). the bigger stores where they sell photographic chemcicals, studio lights ... sorta.

Gordon.
28-05-2003, 12:20 PM
I use mainly Nikon digital but we do have some digital Canons. I have used Canon digital before with no problems and those in the offifce that do use the Canon have no gripes about them.

Of course both the D30 and D60 series will produce excellent results when used correctly and with the right attachments.

The D60 has the larger pixel rate compared to the D30. Look at the features as well, what features do you need now or later that may be on one or not the other.

The attachments such as lens and flash units though should be easily interchangable between the two models if you decided later to get a second camera body.

End of the day, both camera's for the serious hobby user are very good camera's. If you can get one of them at a discounted price, it would be well worth giving consideration to.