PDA

View Full Version : E-Mailing Photos. HELP!

JJJJJ
27-05-2003, 02:21 PM
Anyone got any suggestions on doing this. I have found that saving as JPEG loses too much of the quality. At present I am scanning into word and than saving as a word document. This allows the size to be manipulated without losing the quality, but results in very large e-mails.
I want to keep the quality so the wait is preferable to poor photos.
Any advice welcome.
Jack

Thomas
27-05-2003, 02:31 PM
I put mine in a folder in documents,right ckicking on them allows you to alter there sze.

tweak\'e
27-05-2003, 02:44 PM
check your jpeg quality settings, up the quality settings a bit higher. if at 100% and the quality is still poor then look at saving them in a non-lossy format. jpeg is lossy so the smaller the file the poorer the quality.

i use ifranveiw which is handy for resizing pics. i normaly save the pics as png (good quality but large file size) then convert and resize the pics to jpeg/giff before emailing them. useing word is not a good way to do it.

wuppo
27-05-2003, 02:46 PM
When you save your photos as Jpegs, you should be able to trade quality off against size by selecting the amount of compression used (higher compression = smaller file size = lower quality).
If the picture manipulation program you use, doesn't allow you to select the jpeg compression value, download something like Irfanview (http://www.irfanview.com).
A jpeg will give you a smaller file than a word doc with an embedded photo (for the same quality). Beware: your email size will blow out to somewhat larger than the attached file, owing to the encoding used for attachments.