PDA

View Full Version : Outlook 2000 Calendar

stuffed
27-05-2003, 11:43 AM
Have a Toshiba Satellite Laptop – 98 – that have dragged out of storage for my wife to use. Unfortunately had previously copied my Calendar from my PC’s Outlook to it and now cannot find anyway to get rid of the 100’s of reminders that pop up each time open Outlook on the laptop. OK did set the system date to 1945 and that sure did it! Tried uninstalling but is coming up with an error. Where are the Calendar files stored – and what extension? Will try deleting them and see if can salvage things – if not will dump it.
Thanks for your help.

stu140103
28-05-2003, 11:21 PM
Hello stuffed

Sorry for the delay in reply to your post.

> Have a Toshiba Satellite Laptop – 98 – that have
> dragged out of storage for my wife to use.
> Unfortunately had previously copied my Calendar from
> my PC’s Outlook to it and now cannot find anyway to
> get rid of the 100’s of reminders that pop up each
> time open Outlook on the laptop. OK did set the
> system date to 1945 and that sure did it! Tried
> uninstalling but is coming up with an error. Where
>are the Calendar files stored – and what extension?

All the outlook folders are stored in a *.pst file.

There are two things you can do

1. You can delete all those reminders by going in too Tasks most of them will be listed there. (& Selecting the lot & delete).

2. Or do the below to recreate a new pst file.

Go in too outlook & click on the personal folder bar (with the small arrow pointing down) see http://stuartw.orcon.net.nz/press_f1/outlook.jpg] (

2. Then left click on outlook today, then a box will come up see http://stuartw.orcon.net.nz/press_f1/outlook02.jpg] ( ( [url) screen shot

Hope this helps :)

stuffed
30-05-2003, 04:34 PM
Thanks for that info - also went into the Outook discussion in MS Newsgroups and got this:
"While in your Calendar folder, switch to an unfiltered table-style view such as By Category, then select all items at once (click one, then CTRL+A to select the rest) and press Delete."
it solved the problem.
Again thanks