PDA

View Full Version : Getting ICQ in RedHat Linux, need my Remote Contact List exported perhaps?

Chilling_Silently
27-05-2003, 10:54 AM
Right now Im used to using ICQ Lite in Win2K.

Great lil app, and it uses a remote contact list so I can move around and not worry about re-adding my contacts.

Now, Ive tried installing Java to work with Phoenix so that I can use ICQ2Go! but that didnt work out :(

I have Gaim and Licq installed, both seem like great apps, but require me to enter my contacts in manually.. i dont wanna coz for starters I havent memorised anybody's ICQ number but my own!

So, How can I get my contacts into Gaim or Licq in RedHat 8 coz I dont think you can export a list in ICQ Lite.

Ive mounted my Win2K partition (FAT32) if it helps

Or, is there ICQ software that'll use the remote contact list for Linux?

Cheers

Chill.

Kame
27-05-2003, 10:57 AM
LICQ has a weird setting in it that lets you get your contacts from the server. Have a look for it, I can't remember what it was but it's the top left hand checkbox about servers. You may then need to mess around with Grouping and things like that, as it's pretty tedious to get it working.

Kame
27-05-2003, 10:59 AM
Should probably mention the version too... umm... 1.2 upwards I think? Just download the latest Licq if you are unsure the setting is there.

Chilling_Silently
27-05-2003, 11:43 AM
Thanks Kame, I downloaded about two weeks ago.

I'll have a look and let you know :-)

Cheers

Chill.

Chilling_Silently
27-05-2003, 02:53 PM
Thankyou so much!

Works great!

Dont know why I didnt see that option before? ;-)

You're right, my grouping is a little screwed, but hey, I have them all in there!

Cheers

Chill.