PDA

View Full Version : Macs STINK

Brainer
26-05-2003, 09:39 PM
Please tell me your horror stories of using Macintosh computers (dare I call them computers?)

If you disagree, I would be interested to hear from you too.
(I am gathering information which will be off use in a project I am completing)

cyberchuck
26-05-2003, 09:43 PM
I've had several bad experiences with Mac's, but before going any further - what is this "project" you are completing??

CyebrChuck

robsonde
26-05-2003, 09:46 PM
I will say that this will most likely be a flame war be this time tomorrow :-)

as for mac ??

right tool for the right job, mac is very good for video editing or web desing , graphics design .

show me a video editing system for the PC as good as final cut pro???

personaly i only use PC(windows XP) but then i do surfing the web and programming games for PC.

stu140103
26-05-2003, 10:42 PM
> I will say that this will most likely be a flame war
> be this time tomorrow :-)

:D :) How much do you want to bet??? what About a chocolate fish ???? :p ;) :D

whiskeytangofoxtrot
27-05-2003, 12:07 AM
> Please tell me your horror stories of using Macintosh
> computers (dare I call them computers?)
>
> If you disagree, I would be interested to hear from
> you too.
> (I am gathering information which will be off use in
> a project I am completing)

Remember to spell and grammar check your report.

I am a PC user myself, but might I add this is a contender for stupidest thread title ever, and trust me thats a pretty big honour around here.

You start by alienating the very people you are trying to elicit a response from.

I am quite experienced with Mac systems, and they are exceedingly good, particularly with the new OS's being released.

They outstrip x86 based PC's for Audio and Video capacity, and as a general all round workhorse are excellent PC's, only lacking in the arena of games.

The only reason PC's are generally seen as "superior" machines is due to the large market share and an ingrained use of them in society, and hence a forced compatibility issue.

I would gladly have a Mac in exchange for my PC at anytime.

I seriously hope your report is not for any educational comment, purchase recommendation, or other use of semi-importance as you come across as an uneducated, short-sighted, arrogant person whose report will mostly contain their own biased viewpoints and it seems unlikely you will actviely explore any options other than that you wish to push for your own agenda.

TonyF
27-05-2003, 12:49 AM
The title "Macs stink" is a bit like the nonsense which goes on in nz.comp, where any product recomended by someone imediately gets a response "xxxxx.." is crap - significantly short of thoughtful reasoned comment. I don't think the topic merits discussion - ignore it...
Cheers, and free speech forever ! (of course).

Thomas
27-05-2003, 07:21 AM
What do you do for a hobby WTF, kick dogs?
Try to be like me and be nice;)

Joe_Bloggs
27-05-2003, 08:24 AM
Saying Macs STINK, is like saying Holden Stinks.

Is your project for a final year intermediate school project at all?

-=JM=-
27-05-2003, 10:04 AM
Cost is pretty much the only reason why I run a PC at the moment. I'd gladly have it replaced with some Mac OS X goodness.

*goes off to dream about Power Books again*

Biggles
27-05-2003, 10:56 AM
Sorry, not interested in a thread with a loaded title like that, the words "horror stories" and then a claim it is for a project. PressF1 is "supposed" to be a friendly place and this is just an invitation to flaming. Market share dictates that for every one Mac horror story there are 10 PC ones.