PDA

View Full Version : XP Pro Logon

Happy Harry
26-05-2003, 09:18 PM
Hi there learned and erudite people

After rebuilding a corrupt user/profile on my PC, I now have to enter my password to log back on to my profile. Previously I did not.
i.e after about ten minutes the screen goes blank and after a keystroke or mouse movement (that sounds a bit vulgar) the screen comes back to life with the front screen, with my 3 users available. The one that was in use when the screen went blank, shows the number of programs running but I have to enter my password to get back on. I know this is good security but I want to know how to stop this if I wish.
I am not running a screen saver (well its set to "Blank") and under "Power"Options> Advanced, the "Prompt for Password when computer resumes from standby" is not ticked.
I have looked under "User Accounts"in Control Panel and can not find anything there .
The audio/graphic "Help and Support"does not give me any clues.
What am I missing guys.

Cheers
HH

Cheers
HH

mikebartnz
27-05-2003, 12:31 AM
If you really don't want it go to Control Panel/Users and passwords and set your password to blank.

Mike
27-05-2003, 09:02 AM
> I am not running a screen saver (well its set to "Blank") and
> under "Power"Options> Advanced, the "Prompt for Password when
> computer resumes from standby" is not ticked.

You missed one :) In the screen saver window there's also an option that you can tick to take you to the logon screen... this seems to work even if no screen saver is set - make sure this is not checked.

HTH

Mike.