PDA

View Full Version : keyboard worries

sam02
26-05-2003, 03:57 PM
lately i had a problem with my keyboard. when i press leter p it shows
7p some keys opens the cd drive and some even adjust the volume of my speakers (i have these controls as button on the keyboard) i just discovered that i cant use brackets..... it shows the web 7page as a fullscreen 7program (which su7p7pose to be F11 button) i also tried to 7put quation marks to my F11 and 7p button then it deleted everything i wrote.

this is the weirdest thing that ever ha7p7pened to my com7puter for 3 years their was no 7problem i use h7p 7pavilion 4407 and havent u7pdated any drivers

is it a virus or my com7puter becoming a roswell?

anyone with hel7p out there ... .. . . .. .. .before green men come and get me...

sorry for 7p on the message...

Graham L
26-05-2003, 04:09 PM
You can't complain about it making you bored. ;-)

It's obviously a clever keyboard, so it will require a special driver. I suspect you might have accidentally lost that driver. Have a look at the Device Manager.

Jen C
26-05-2003, 05:30 PM
I would check what programs are running in the background (look for any dodgy sounding ones - although most have weird names anyway :)). You can use your task manager (CTRL-ALT-DEL) to see this. Do you have an antivirus software (current definitions) running?

sam02
27-05-2003, 02:54 PM
yes i have macafee..
tried searching for viruses.. no results..
could it be something wrong with the motherboard...
uPdated the keyboard driver still no result...
anybody with hel7p out there...

Graham L
27-05-2003, 03:19 PM
Does Windows "know" that it has this keyboard, rather than a plain old boring one which works? Keyboards don't send standard ASCII codes ... they send "scan codes" which have to be translated by the software.

Just in case, unplug it, and plug it in again. It is unlikely to be a broken/bent pin in the plug, but a poor connection is just possible. :D

sam02
28-05-2003, 12:17 PM
yes i have been using this keyboard for three years now. finaly i checked with a different keyboard and hey pesto it works!!!
what happen to my old keyboard is still a mystery

Lohsing
28-05-2003, 12:21 PM
>
> lately i had a problem with my keyboard. when i
> press leter p it shows
> 7p some keys opens the cd drive and some even adjust
> the volume of my speakers (i have these controls as
> button on the keyboard) i just discovered that i cant
> use brackets..... it shows the web 7page as a
> fullscreen 7program (which su7p7pose to be F11
> button) i also tried to 7put quation marks to my F11
> and 7p button then it deleted everything i wrote.
>
> this is the weirdest thing that ever ha7p7pened to my
> com7puter for 3 years their was no 7problem i use h7p
> 7pavilion 4407 and havent u7pdated any drivers
>
> is it a virus or my com7puter becoming a roswell?
>
> anyone with hel7p out there ... .. . . .. .. .before
> green men come and get me...
>
> sorry for 7p on the message...

Ummm... what about when you typed in the first sentence with all those p's... didn't appear to be a problem there... or are you just taking the "p" ... ?