PDA

View Full Version : Neopets....

csinclair83
25-05-2003, 10:25 PM
i play this game lately...to pass up time..its a online game...
www.neopets.com

and when i want to "spend" money...like virtual money..which u get from points in games or from selling stuff...its a full virtual game..
when i wanna spend money..this comes up

ERROR : Oops you have been directed to this page from the wrong place! If you KEEP getting this error, chances are you have some security settings enabled that are not letting you play Neopets correctly.

What security settings could i be missing that causes this?
I've looked all over the website and no luck..emailed them on friday, havent heard back...
can someone help if possible..

stu140103
26-05-2003, 06:56 PM
It will be a problem with there website, what browser do you have???

Does that website use flash or java scrip if you know???

I will have a look at that website latter on & see if I get the same error message, & let you know how I get on :)

That was the best thing to do, was e-mailing them.

Synchronized_Thoughts
26-05-2003, 07:05 PM
hey i had that problem to, well thats when i used to play it, during computers class at skool!!:p but anywayz, i was using IE dunno which version but its on 98SE and its over a LAN, but ive never had that problem at home!! whys that?

Synchronized_Thoughts

csinclair83
26-05-2003, 10:08 PM
it uses flash, java, and i using winxphome and IE6...

csinclair83
30-05-2003, 11:40 AM
Heyb guys...
i finally got a reply from them..this is what was said...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi there,

Is it possible that you have a firewall such as Norton Internet Securities set up in your home or office? The firewall will block your computer from being able to access NeoPets properly. You can try turning off the firewall temporarily for the duration of time you are using the NeoPets website. Please check with your parents or administrators beforehand for permission.

Or are you perhaps using the latest version of Internet Explorer or Windows XP? If you have XP, following these instructions should make the pages viewable: go to Control Panel, then Settings and switch it to classic view. Next, go back to Start, then to Run and type the following: regsvr32 urlmon.dll

Did you recently upgrade your AOL browser? Try lowering the security settings under "Tools" and "Internet Options."

Please also try checking your computer's system clock. If it is the incorrect year you will be unable to access the NeoPets webpage properly until the date has been corrected.

If you have any other questions, don't forget to include the entire text of this e-mail with your username clearly at the top. This will help me better address your situation.

Good luck!

Renee Newnam
renee@support.neopets.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

stu140103
30-05-2003, 01:29 PM
Have you tried every thing that they suggested????