PDA

View Full Version : XP Logon Pictures

JamesStewart
25-05-2003, 07:45 PM
Where is a site where I can get XP logon pictures?

whiskeytangofoxtrot
25-05-2003, 07:57 PM
Here (http://www.google.com)

Susan B
25-05-2003, 08:00 PM
Just use any picture you want, Win XP will shrink it to fit. It would be wise to choose a reasonably-sized graphic though, so as not to distort it too much.

cyberchuck
25-05-2003, 08:03 PM
Hey
Are you referring to the Logon Pictures on the Welcome Screen?
As far as I know you can use any picture you want to use - Just go into Control Panel, Open User Accounts, Choose the account you want to change, Click Change my Picture and click Browse for more pictures.
You may have to resize your picture a bit depending on it's size as from memory, the Welcome Screen only uses 50x50 pixel images or something like that.

CyberChuck

whiskeytangofoxtrot
25-05-2003, 08:10 PM
>
> CyberChuck

Why?

It has your name in the box to the left of everything you post...

cyberchuck
25-05-2003, 08:16 PM
>>
>> CyberChuck
>
> Why?
>
> It has your name in the box to the left of everything you post...

Yeah, but it's like a little signature thingy... The same thing goes for emails I send, 2 Line Breaks and my "signature". There's different reasons for it. One is that if emails don't have my "signature" (which isn't really that hard to copy really...) then most likely I didn't send it.
Force of habit I would say is the best reason.

Some randomized name thingy goes here

Susan B
25-05-2003, 08:29 PM
Hey CC, did you know that there is a much quicker way to change your logon picture? All you need to do is click Start, click on the picture and you're nearly there!

Pretty neat eh? SamM's little girl (a two-year old?) taught him that and then he taught us. :p :D

cyberchuck
25-05-2003, 08:34 PM
> Hey CC, did you know that there is a much quicker way to change your
> logon picture? All you need to do is click Start, click on the picture and
> you're nearly there!
>
> Pretty neat eh? SamM's little girl (a two-year old?) taught him that and
> then he taught us. :p :D

Cool! I don't use the Welcome Screen login - I use the good 'ol Windows Styled one where you enter your username/password into the appropriate boxes and you sign in that way...

PoWa
25-05-2003, 10:08 PM
Susan, can you explain in more detail?

Susan B
25-05-2003, 11:27 PM
Sure PoWa, what is it you are wanting to know?

To change your logon picture in Win XP just click on Start then on the picture and change the details in the dialogue box.

Breezzee
26-05-2003, 06:31 AM
Try here http://www.themexp.org/ and then use a program like
LogonUi Boot Randomizer to change your screens.

JamesStewart
26-05-2003, 08:03 PM
OMG! I mean the little pictures next to your name! Man, i know all that stuff! But I want to see some proper/cool ones!

JamesStewart
26-05-2003, 08:11 PM
no one gave me a web site!

Jen C
26-05-2003, 08:13 PM
> But I want to see some proper/cool ones!

You can use any picture you like, whether jpg or bmp. Windows will resize it to fit the dimensions of the user picture. Just search the net for any free images, download them and then use Browse for more pictures and select your new image. A small tip: because Windows will miniaturize the image, you will lose a lot of fine detail - so chose images that are not too complex.

Hope this is what you were meaning.

Jen

Jen C
26-05-2003, 08:17 PM
> no one gave me a web site!

Deviant art (http://www.deviantart.com/)

PoWa
26-05-2003, 08:17 PM
Oh righto Susan, I couldn't understand what you were getting at :p

I use the classic start menu, and have disabled the pictures/mydocs menu on the start menu too (I don't store my pics in there).

Cheers anyhow ;)