PDA

View Full Version : Landscape in MS Photo Editor

Misty
25-05-2003, 06:32 PM
Seem to have been fiddling around with MS Photo Editor for ages. I have an image that is in landscape and it shows with a white background which is portrait size bit
but quite a bit larger. This means that when I try to resize things are going the wrong way round (hope that makes sense). It means that I have a large white border which does nothing and is diametrically opposed ( think that is how you would phrase it !).

The index cannot seem to give me any indication on how to fix that - though I have tried many combinations. Seems a simple enough exercise - but how do I get there please ?

I am running Windows ME.

drys
25-05-2003, 06:48 PM
There should be a tool to rotate the image 90deg. Is that what you mean.
Trev

Misty
25-05-2003, 08:37 PM
Not so, Drys, because when I do that the white border looks better but the picture I am really trying to work with, which is inside the white border, is not the correct way round !

?:|

godfather
25-05-2003, 09:03 PM
If you select the "dotted square" crop tool from the toolbar, then click one corner of the picture (NOT the white background) and drag the dotted rectangle to the opposite diagonal corner, then Image - Crop

You will then only have the image and no white background to resize, flip etc.

Misty
25-05-2003, 09:18 PM
Thanks, godfather, I got there. I did a drag and then had problems with using crop from the toolbar, because that asked for dimensions !
- however as soon as I right-clicked on the image itself and chose crop from there then it gave me exactly what I wanted !
Great !!

:) :)