PDA

View Full Version : OT - Swap Xbox for PS2

honeylaser
24-05-2003, 01:18 PM
Does anyone have a new or as new Playstation 2 they would like to swap for a brand new, boxed and sealed Xbox with a 12 month warranty? We don't need two of the things :D

Baldy
24-05-2003, 01:22 PM
Why don't you take it to Leemings, HarveyNormans and see if they will swap it.

I did that once when I was received a Microsoft Wireless Intelli-mouse as a prize.

honeylaser
24-05-2003, 01:24 PM
Yeah, we're going to try that, pop down to Gameplanet down the road and see what they say. I see that they are selling both PS2 and Xbox consoles for $375, but our Xbox doesn't have any games, so don't know if they'll be interested. Always worth a go though.

vk_dre
24-05-2003, 02:45 PM
or why dont u try to go to EB and sell them ur XBOX, since u say it's brand new (i believe u :D) u can get a moderately good price for it or swap it for a *NEW* PS2 also try to get a good bargain by getting them to include a free ps2 game for free.

cheers,
v.K

honeylaser
24-05-2003, 03:37 PM
> or why dont u try to go to EB and sell them ur
> XBOX, since u say it's brand new (i believe u :D) u
> can get a moderately good price for it or swap it for
> a *NEW* PS2 also try to get a good bargain by getting
> them to include a free ps2 game for free.
>
> cheers,
> v.K

Excuse my ignorance, but who is EB? No luck at Gameplanet, I'm afraid.

honeylaser
24-05-2003, 03:38 PM
Oh, click - Electronics Boutique.

whiskeytangofoxtrot
24-05-2003, 06:23 PM
www.trademe.co.nz

kthxbye

honeylaser
24-05-2003, 06:44 PM
> www.trademe.co.nz

I already had an ad up, but didn't get any response.

Anyway, I went to EB, and they offered us $220 for it (brand new FACTORY sealed), so we told them where to go. Wandered down to CentralPark Interactive, and they did a pretty much straight swap with a brand new PS2 (gave us $320 for the Xbox), so we're pretty happy. I'll put in a little plug here for CentralPark Interactive at St Lukes and their very friendly and helpful staff :) Thumbs up for them!