PDA

View Full Version : USB connections

amyes5
23-05-2003, 06:25 PM
Can some expert read my problem - Wed May 21 10 17 pm - Problem connecting Digital Camera - & comment on my query of replacing card as a solution Thanks

stu140103
23-05-2003, 07:22 PM
You need to give us a lot more information about your computer :)
(E.g. Your computer specs & OS e.g. Win 98 / 98SE, 2000, ME, XP Pro/Home or Other…) & about your Digital Camera.

& as well Has this problem just start to happen or have you had any problume for a while now.

The more info you can give us the better we can help you.:)

Terry Porritt
23-05-2003, 07:40 PM
I think you have already supplied all the information relating to this problem.
It's a puzzler. You shouldn't need another USB card, it should detect when a USB device is plugged into it.

The fact that no-one has come up with a definitive answer is probably that no-one knows for sure. It's always difficult in these situations if the problem can't be analysed hands on.

drys
23-05-2003, 07:45 PM
amyes5. I would remove your universal serial bus controllers in device manager then reboot your pc with no devices plug in to the USB ports this will reinstall your ports then reboot with your camera plugged in and on see if that works.
Trev

amyes5
23-05-2003, 09:41 PM
Eureka ! We have Pictures. Suggestion re delete & reboot works.I do however now have a sneaking suspicion that my so called expert assistant was mistakenly reinserting each time the usb plug for the scanner & not the camera.Never mind all is forgiven. I have Pictures!!!!!!