PDA

View Full Version : Optical Drive

Waylander
22-05-2003, 04:53 PM
Hi Folks

I have a hardware problem with my PC. When I boot up (cold boot) my computer everything is fine, all hardware peripheral devices are picked up by the computer. I have a HDD set as Master connected to the Primary IDE (nothing else on primary). On the Secondary IDE I have a CD-RW set as Master and DVD-Rom set as slave. Now everytime I restart my computer (warm boot) I can't see my DVD-Rom. Nothing appears in my "Windows Explorer" window and it's not listed in "Device Manager". I don't know if it's a BIOS setup problem or what. I have the Award BIOS on my motherboard but I'm not sure what version it is. My motherboard is DFI AM75-EC (crappy) and I'm using Windows XP Professional. Maybe I should mention that the problem occured after I transferred all the parts including the motherboard to a new case. If you can help I'd appreciate it.

Cheers

Babe Ruth
22-05-2003, 05:14 PM
Waylander,

It sounds like your motherboard drivers need re-installing and/or updating. I would definately do those...

Cheers, Babe.

Pheonix
22-05-2003, 06:47 PM
Yep, babe's right. Then check in BIOS, that secondary drives set to auto, if that didn't work.