PDA

View Full Version : Missing File

Smithie 38
22-05-2003, 11:48 AM
Hi folks.

A mate rang to say when he starts his computer and/or reinstals Windows 98SE the computer stops and asks for a missing file - C :\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\CRTDLL.DLL.

I copied this file to a floppy disk off my computer, tried to instal it on the other computer. The other computer asked where it has to be copied to. We have now saved that file to My Documents for future reference.

How can we instal this to make the computer work?

Kame
22-05-2003, 12:09 PM
copy the file to C:\Windows\System

That should make it work. If you have any problems with it, it could be an incorrect version.

Smithie 38
22-05-2003, 12:22 PM
Thanks Kame for that. We thought that we had to copy it as you suggest, but thats where we got lost. Would you be kind enough to explain how do you copy it to C:\Windows\System, off the floppy disc.

Thanks again.Smithie

Murray P
22-05-2003, 01:17 PM
Hi

Just drag it from where you saved it and drop it into C:\Windows\System folder. If you find it easier, open 2 Windows Explorer windows to do your dragging and dropping or simply, copy and paste.

Cheers Murray P

Kame
22-05-2003, 01:34 PM
Open up your floppy drive. Highlight the file (just click on it). Go up to the menu bar and click on edit then click on copy. Now open up C: then Windows then System and then go up to the menu bar again click edit then paste.

That's just one of the many ways of copying to another folder.

Smithie 38
22-05-2003, 01:34 PM
Hi Murray,
Thankyou for your advice. We will now tackle the problem after lunch and hopefully we can instal the missing file.

Cheers Smithie