PDA

View Full Version : Startup Error

summertime
22-05-2003, 09:47 AM
Operating Windows 98SE.
On startup Windows opens and appears normal but the following message appears.
Reproxy Error starting programme.
Next message states A required DLL file Credui.DLL was not found.

These messages do not appear every time on startup.
What does this mean and what do I do about it please? Thank you

robo
22-05-2003, 10:00 AM
Hmm. Can't see anything useful in regards to Windows 98. Anyone out there running Windows 98 that has this file?

I saw a mention of it missing along with some others in Win95, and mentioned after an uninstall of Win98, but neither seems relevant.

Anyone got any ideas?
robo.

Jim B
22-05-2003, 10:30 AM
Credui.dll Credential Management User Interface

Credential Manager
Secured storage for password
information. It allows users to input
user names and passwords once so
the system can automatically supply
that information for subsequent
visits.

Billy T
22-05-2003, 10:33 AM
Credui.dll does not appear on my W98 installation.

I suggest running Adaware and/or Spybot to see if any unwanted registry entries are present.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

robo
22-05-2003, 10:35 AM
Hmm, does sound like a foreign.
Get rid of it.
robo.

Merlin
22-05-2003, 11:40 AM
Is it?

Microsoft Technet (http://www.microsoft.com/hwdq/hwtest/search/details.asp?ID=517)

cloud_mars
23-01-2005, 10:01 AM
I have Windows SE and I some how when I start up windows I have reproxy running... Having no idea what it was I looked it up online and it said
ReProxy is a regular-expression based proxy server. It uses an Apache-like configuration file that defines one or more proxies (a single instance of ReProxy can handle multiple servers). Each proxy has a source and target host and port combination. It will then listen on it's source port for connections and pass all packets transmitted or recieved on that port to the target host.

Where the magic comes into play is the regular expressions. Multiple "<Match>" blocks can be defined in a ReProxy connection block. Each match statement can use a combination of regular expressions to match data coming to or from the client, can match on pre-requisites, do regex substitutions on data travelling through ReProxy, store extracted values in variables, output messages to a log, and other actions.

The net result is that a protocol can be either monitored, altered in-stream or even constructed from scratch using a series of regular expressions and configuration entries. The possibilities are practically endless. And since ReProxy is built using Perl and POE, it handles a large number of connections, a high data-rate, and is as secure as I can make it.

i have ran spyware and doesn't give me anything.

I also have this other problem.
when i start up my computer it keeps running scandisk and after that it sometimes wants to run defrag IN DOS?!! :angry: I don't know why exactly. My guess is my hardrive is bad. :badpc: