PDA

View Full Version : Scanner driver

sarel
21-05-2003, 08:36 PM
Hi guys

We've got a really OLD scanner - a Elux 600 III EP Plus - and I unfortunately deleted all the scanner files (my mistake, bugger). The wife is a bit upset (!!!!!!!) with me, and we could not find the installation CD. Now I will be in the dog box until I get her scanner going again.

Please, oh please help.

Thanks

Sarel

godfather
21-05-2003, 09:06 PM
Its actually a rebadged Mustek.

Click here (http://www.mustek.com/download/driv_scanr/english/600iiieplus.html) for your driver.
My crystal ball suggests you are running Windows ME?
But it would lead to better quality help if we know what the operating system is.

You need to download both files.

sarel
23-05-2003, 05:03 AM
Thanks sir. Yes, I'm running ME, and I saw on my searches theat the files kept under Mustek looks very familiar (twain, etc.) I will try it out and report back.

Sarel

Steve Askew
23-05-2003, 05:42 AM
Hey Godfather, Can you gaze into that crystal ball again & tell me tomorrows lotto numbers ? ;)

Thanks in advance

Steve

godfather
23-05-2003, 11:05 AM
Sure Steve.

I will e-mail them at 8:15 pm tomorrow night.

sarel
01-06-2003, 06:38 AM
Hi Godfather

No luck, the damn thing still won't go. Tried everything. Seems to me - and if I look at the comments posted on scanners, that this is a toughie. Probably better to buy a new, better one - this one is ancient.

Which cheap, new scanners do you suggest - anything that gives no problems and will run on a P2 355MHz (yeah, I know it's old), WinME.

Sarel

Captive
01-06-2003, 07:14 AM
What error are you experiencing with the relevant driver?

sarel
02-06-2003, 07:35 AM
Deleted the driver, etc. by mistake some time ago. Can't find original CD. Got some drivers off Net (on advise of godfather, etc). No go - nothing happens. So - I can't really say because it seems to me there is a "wall" between me scanner and the computer.

sarel

Captive
02-06-2003, 09:38 AM
hello again Sarel

Can you please explain to me step by step what you have been doing and the point you get stuck. such as i click here click okay here etc.

Captive
02-06-2003, 10:04 AM
I am doing some research right now. I have about 400 pages to look through in a google search for '"mustek 600 III EP" driver' then i'll get back to you.

At this stage it looks like two sections are normal for the installation and brilliantly its not listed on the download page but is mentioned somewhere else.

I'll be in touch in awhile after finishing my search.

Captive
02-06-2003, 10:27 AM
Okay I have pretty much finished my search

There is two sets of things you should download:
1 Driver
ftp://ftp.mustek.com.tw/pub/driver/600IIIEP/98-XP/Web.EXE
ftp://ftp.mustek.com.tw/pub/driver/600IIIEP/98-XP/Web.W02

2 Generic Scanning Module
ftp://ftp.mustek.com.tw/pub/driver/Library/V13/up_libv13.EXE

It may be possible to use it without the second, although it may be less familair that what some people are used to.

Brilliantly Musteks great support shines through [not].

Please note below that the FAQ Make mentiones of the relevant up*.* files but the 'driver' category does not.

You could argue that it is not a driver but this looks like a major fumble to me.

I would suggest they may need to change from the present 'driver' section to 'download' section which can then also include the Interface unit as well as say the manual.

In terms of articles i found on a google search i dont recall seeing one compliment on how easy it was to get this mustek scanner, or other ones i have looked up in the past which includes my 1200 CU.

I also recall the slow updates to windows xp compatible drivers from this vendor. So much so that i had to go back to a previous operating system to use the scanner for a period of months.

Anyway to cut a long story short. I am no expert but if i cant find the downloads and resolutions to the issue easily, and being a entry level tech and webdesigner i would think it unfair to expect people to use the mustek resource easily to find out how to get there device working in various instances.

I suppose now i am probably going to get a nice reply from them indicating how everything is sweet and dandy? time will tell, I think the users and the feedback on google i found speaks for itself.

mustek 600 III EP

Product Base URL
http://www.mustek.com.tw/apprg/faqlistfunction?LID=2&PRODUCTID=SHome600IIIEPPlus

Product FAQ Listing
http://www.mustek.com.tw/apprg/showfaqanswer?LID=2&FAQID=1586

Product FAQ Listing > installation
Windows 2000 / ME / 98 Installation Instructions (Web driver)

Before installing the latest version of driver software, please uninstall any previous version of software components if there's any.
Disconnect your product's USB cable from the computer.
Download the web drivers from the Mustek web:
Scanner¡G Web.exe,... Web.w0x and UP_LIB.exe ~ UP_LIB.w0x. ( Both the " Twain Driver and Panel" and "Generic Scanning Module" )
Camera¡G Web.exe,Web.w02,...Web.w0x.
Execute the Web.exe and UP_LIB.exe programs to install the product drivers.
After driver installation is complete, you are required to reboot your computer.
For Windows ME/98¡G The product is connected to the computer, your system will detect your hardware automatically.
For Windows 2000¡G ¡@ The product is connected to the computer, if you get a "Digital Signature Not Found" dialogue box, please click "Yes" to finish the installation of the scanner.

Additional Lookup Notes:
http://www.experts-exchange.com/Hardware/Scanners/Q_20369670.html

Captive
02-06-2003, 10:47 AM
Just thought i would mentioned to avoid confusion the download up_libv13.EXE is a package which contains all the individual floppy images such as lib*.* that it mentions in the faq from what i can. You can click some areas of the site in say certain driver downloads and it can include the relevant references to the individual floppy disk images as well.

Maybe they will make the site / their tech support more usable in the future *shrug*

sarel
03-06-2003, 07:01 AM
thanks - let me try it