PDA

View Full Version : EasyCleaner

poppy
20-05-2003, 12:26 PM
Has anyone tried to contact the person who brought out this natty litle program? I tried Emailing Toni Helenius and it was returned as invalid address. What I wanted to know, is there an update for the program for Win XP, as it keeps deleting a file which is required for the Help Support facility in XP.
Thanks

heaton
21-05-2003, 11:23 AM
Sorry can't help as I have had the same experience as you. For the info of others I used easy clean in my windows XP computer and it messed up Microsoft word which I had to re-install. So if anybody can contact Toni please pass on this info. Cheers........Gerard

Pheonix
21-05-2003, 11:41 AM
In his FAQ he says there is a known problem :-
There is a known problem in Windows ME & XP, that is when the registry scan is ran and all the items are deleted, Windows help system doesn't work anymore. The workaround to this problem is just to ADD the word help to the skip-list. Even if you DO delete some important info, there is certainly NO NEED TO RE-install Windows. BECAUSE EasyCleaner always creates backups (with default options) which can be restored easily. I also offer a fix file with these 4 entries listed ready to be imported back to the registry, see the download center.

Apart from that I cannot help either. But may be worth a look at a program I now use JV16 powertools from [url=www.jv16.org]here