PDA

View Full Version : Bounced email - Paradise

PaulG
20-05-2003, 12:04 PM
Today I received 92 messages, of which about 80+ were Bounced E-mail addressed to valid, current e-mail addresses in various countries overseas and in NZ. Most are individual replies to requests for info. A few are bulletins to a group of about 80 e-mail addresses.

Have had the same problem for about the past week, but haven't recorded the numbers! Paradise have no answer to the problem when I phoned - suggested I just "re-create each message and try again." Great service eh!!!!

Re the "Mailing List" the Paradise Customer Service Rep said their policy is to bounce ALL messages sent to a group if any ONE address in incorrect. To protect from SPAMers!!! Sounds to me like punishing the innocent because of the guilty, AND throwing out all the good ones, because of one bad one!!!

How to overcome this problem???

Jester
20-05-2003, 12:26 PM
>>Re the "Mailing List" the Paradise Customer Service Rep said their policy is to bounce ALL messages sent to a group if any ONE address in incorrect. To protect from SPAMers!!! Sounds to me like punishing the innocent because of the guilty, AND throwing out all the good ones, because of one bad one!!!

How to overcome this problem???

Maybe enter all recipients in the "BCC" field? This may help, although Paradise will still see them all when your mail is being processed.....

J.
:D

TonyF
20-05-2003, 01:05 PM
>
> Re the "Mailing List" the Paradise Customer Service
> Rep said their policy is to bounce ALL messages sent
> to a group if any ONE address in incorrect.
Paradise said just now that faulty addresses get bounced, OK ones in a group go through. Maybe you should check again with them.

PaulG
20-05-2003, 01:07 PM
Thanks for that suggestion, but BCC is what I use all the time. Just one name in the TO, balance in BCC. Paul G

PaulG
20-05-2003, 01:09 PM
I had three addresses to @ozemail.com ??? and all three bounced. There was a note below saying they could not contact ONE of the @ozemail.com??? addresses

TonyF
20-05-2003, 01:25 PM
Seems we are getting conflicting advice. Now that you have a current example, how about taking it up with them again.
Cheers T

Big John
20-05-2003, 03:14 PM
Maybe they are using MailWasher or a like program and sees your messages as spam and bounces them back even though they are valid addresses.

I know I bounce all crap mail that I don't want to see.

TonyF
21-05-2003, 10:54 AM
Yesterday afternoon I sent off a multi=address message via Paradise to a list I run, with one NZ address deliberately malformed. It has not yet come back .... Odd ............

Clueless
21-05-2003, 12:43 PM
How odd.... there's been no problems here. Dyan and i have been spitting email at the world and the mails been going through no problems at all.

I just did a test, and sent email to: a_real_address_for_me@my_domain
another_real_address_for_me@my_domain
chris@dingoskidneys.com.nz (a false address)

The error message i got was:

"Sending failed:
The server didn't accept one of the recipients.
It said: Bad address syntax
The message will stay in the 'outbox' folder until you either fix the problem (e.g. a broken address) or remove the message from the 'outbox' folder.
Note: Other messages will also be blocked by this message, as long as it is in the 'outbox' folder
The following transport protocol was used:
paradise-smtp"

Seems i have to make sure that all addresses are valid.

.Clueless

Clueless
21-05-2003, 03:34 PM
Me thinks you will just have to tidy up your address book so it contains no dead addresses.

.Clueless