PDA

View Full Version : An App that converts Letters to Numbers for dialers

Kame
19-05-2003, 04:03 PM
I'm looking more for a program that resides in memory that alters a phone dialer than an actual program that can accept letters. e.g. 0800 KFC KFC (so I can call them while I'm sitting at my computer :P)

Because this type of programming can be used in many (illegal) ways there's not much information on this and I don't think I've found anything like this. I'm just wondering if it's possible or I'm wasting my time on attempting to make something like it.

My idea was basically like a patch, that alters program works. Most dialers only allow numbers, so having a program that goes over the top to let it use letters as well, and also converting the letters to it's corresponding number so that the dialer will still work. Also I have to note the problems with it being a memory residing program, so that means only making it to co-work with dialer type programs only and not affect other programs that are running.

nicnz
19-05-2003, 04:54 PM
I think that if you use something like VB (.NET etc) in windows you should be able to call the dialup routines pretty easily, and just create the code yourself to work out the relative numbers to letters...

N