PDA

View Full Version : OT -Sy Digital vs UHF

XOtagoScarfie
19-05-2003, 03:54 PM
Ok guys and gals I'm trying to make the decision here as I want to watch the rugby (england etc, trinations and world cup) and sky offers the sports digital package for ~$55 dollars a month plus$199 installation but no movies or UHF for ~$50 a month with sky sport (1 channel) and movies.

Does anyone have an opinion does the second sport channel have much rugby or is it better to have the movies? (we tend to watch a dvd a week..)

Cheers
BTW Sky Digital with movies is $73 a month (Ouch!)

csinclair83
19-05-2003, 03:58 PM
well i got sky uhf
and i get alot of live sport
thru the day its usually baseball or basketball from the states
at nights at the moment its the nz tour of sri lanka cricket
and with skysport u would get sky 1 which would show the live games of the warrirors..
and so far they have been advertising on sky (uhf) the nz test matches live on sky
so i'd say get uhf...and stick with dvds

phylip
19-05-2003, 04:19 PM
contact telecom as to when they are bringing back their skyfi package
i got mine 2 years ago and it costs 99 dollars a month
for phone line , unlimited internet access, call minder phone service, and sky digital basic
so basically you are getting sky for 5 dollars a week i get rialto and the other sports packages for an exra 20 dollars a month
so 40 dollars a month for sky is really cheap

XOtagoScarfie
19-05-2003, 08:24 PM
Cheers for the reply and I've tried telecom but the lady said that the weren't going to bring it back it the foreseeable future so i'm still stuck with the orginal options. Has anyone tried the warehouse sky deals?