PDA

View Full Version : Suppliers

Axiom
18-05-2003, 02:42 PM
I am in the process of researching a replacement computer and have had a look at a few suppliers and would like to know if anyone has dealt with Tauranga computers. They appear to have what I want but I can't find anyone who has dealt with them before

whiskeytangofoxtrot
18-05-2003, 02:54 PM
Yup, I bought a 17" Proview Monitor off them a couple of years back (closer to 3 I think)

Service was excellent and supply was prompt and efficient. The monitor started having problems about a month out of the warranty period, and they honoured and repaired the monitor at no charge.

Overall found them excellent to deal with.

Mike
18-05-2003, 03:04 PM
Don't get me started on them :) If you search the forum for posts on Tauranga computers you might find some interesting opinions about them.

That said, the last time I dealt with them they were pretty good.

But whatever you do, don't try to say anything negative about them in here, as they (like many other places) lurk around the forum, and they don't take well to negative opinions about their service.

But I still buy from them (not all the time, but quite often) as they are cheap and prompt and most of the time they know what they're talking about.

I hope you can understand all the contradiction in my post :) I'll try to sum up:

I have bought from them many many times (it helps cause I live in the same city). They are cheap (meaning pricewise, not cheap quality), and are prompt with their deliveries. However I have had in the past some disappointment with their quality of service, but that said the last couple of times I've been in there they've been really good.
There I think that makes better sense now :D

Mike.

Axiom
21-05-2003, 01:12 PM
Thanks for your help folks. I have decided on a local supplier in Ch.Ch. reasonably competitive and of course on the doorstep. Again thanks for taking the trouble to reply.