PDA

View Full Version : nVidia 44.03

drys
17-05-2003, 07:39 PM
Hi Have just tried the latest detonator drivers 44.03. Despite doing all the correct install procedures uninstall the old drivers extra. I find they are a little bit slower than the previous version 43.45. Has anyone else tried them yet if so what do you think?
Regards Trev

Mike
17-05-2003, 08:21 PM
> Hi Have just tried the latest detonator drivers
> 44.03. Despite doing all the correct install
> procedures uninstall the old drivers extra. I find
> they are a little bit slower than the previous
> version 43.45. Has anyone else tried them yet if so
> what do you think?
> Regards Trev

I just downloaded them from NVidia a couple of hours ago. I have noticed a slight improvement (in that I can play a game now that I couldn't before) but nothing else spectacular. One thing though, I am sure I read somewhere that the 44.03 drivers were signed for Windows XP, yet XP still popped up the message complaining about unsigned drivers.

Mike.

Susan B
17-05-2003, 09:11 PM
> I have noticed a slight improvement (in that I can play a game now that I couldn't before)

Which game, Mike - the one that your PC not read the CD last week? Was wondering if you had any success with that or not.

Mike
17-05-2003, 09:16 PM
> > I have noticed a slight improvement (in that I can
> play a game now that I couldn't before)
>
> Which game, Mike - the one that your PC not read the
> CD last week? Was wondering if you had any success
> with that or not.

No not that game - a different one (Counterstrike if you must know) :) I still have had no luck with the other game...

Mike.

drys
17-05-2003, 09:25 PM
am sure I read somewhere that the 44.03 drivers were signed for Windows XP, yet XP still popped up the message complaining about unsigned drivers.

Mike.

Yes I also notice that on install So rechecked nVidia site and yes they say they are WHQL certified but does that mean that microsoft have put their tick in there to stop that message from coming up.
Trev.

Mike
17-05-2003, 09:36 PM
>> am sure I read somewhere that the 44.03 drivers were
>> signed for Windows XP, yet XP still popped up the
>> message complaining about unsigned drivers.
>>
>> Mike.
>
> Yes I also notice that on install So rechecked nVidia
> site and yes they say they are WHQL certified but
> does that mean that microsoft have put their tick in
> there to stop that message from coming up.
> Trev.

As far as I know the WHQL means that it's Microsoft certified, and therefore signed, however I could be (and probably am) wrong :)

Mike.