PDA

View Full Version : taskbar popouts

carol999
17-05-2003, 06:48 PM
Hi there people,
Been a while since I was last here, but need a little help on an annoying problem.
I think I have described it propaly, geez my spelling is bad, sorry bout that.

When I hoover the mouse over a icon on the taskbar a popup would appear, telling me what the program was.
Or when I click on Start/Programs the menu would pop out side ways with the other programs showing.
Now that does not work any more.
Have tried to to a system restore, no good, it probaly is a simple little thing, but.

Trouble is it was working the other day now it's not and for the life of me I don't know what I done, if anything.
Its damn annoying.

Does system restore ever work propally.

Thanks for any help.

cheers for now carol ;-)

Susan B
17-05-2003, 09:10 PM
What you have lost are the "tooltips". If you tell us what version of Windows you have someone will be able to tell you how to get them back.

BTW, my system restore earns its keep very well. ;-)

Mike
17-05-2003, 09:23 PM
> BTW, my system restore earns its keep very well. ;-)

Susan, what's this "System Restore"? Is that like Format/Install Windows? :D ;) :p

Mike.

Susan B
17-05-2003, 09:37 PM
Yeah, pretty much Mike, depending on when I remember to set a restore point. :p :D

"Goes to set another restore point Just In Case"

Mike
17-05-2003, 09:51 PM
> Yeah, pretty much Mike, depending on when I remember
> to set a restore point. :p :D
>
"Goes to set another restore point Just In
> Case"

ROFL - I think I've formatted and reinstalled many times more than I've used System Restore - maybe I should start using it more often :)

Mike.

carol999
18-05-2003, 12:29 AM
Hi susan,
Yeh sorry bout that my brains in neutral.
Yeah anyway Windows ME.
Just been tring a couple things here and every time the HDD is working the tooltips appear if I hoover the mouse over the icons.

cheers carol ;-)

-=JM=-
18-05-2003, 12:47 AM
pffft. Who needs system restore :P. It's one of the first things I disable when I install Windows along with disabling the auto-updates. I just make a point of either not screwing up my OS and I make sure I have back ups when I think I might screw it up.

"*goes off to reformat for the hell of it*"

Susan B
18-05-2003, 12:23 PM
So, I take it that it has been fixed, Carol? Good one. :-)

> pffft. Who needs system restore
> goes off to reformat for the hell of it

You be quiet! You have already got me going wanting to reformat the Win 98 PC and now I am eyeing up the Win XP one. :p :D

carol999
18-05-2003, 03:58 PM
Hi susan,
Yeah it came right this morning after I turn the computer on.
Last night I done a reboot but thatnever seemed to help.
but this morning all ok.
Strange beasties these computers at times.

thanks anyway
cheers carol ;-)