PDA

View Full Version : Saving Dialer/Password

pluto
17-05-2003, 04:33 PM
I am formatting my PC and will reinstall Win
I want to copy/burn the internet dialer to a CD and later on restore it back in Windows.

Is there anyway to copy the dialer to CD with password still being intact in the dialer. Is it possible??

Any help will be great
Cheers

whiskeytangofoxtrot
17-05-2003, 04:48 PM
For the amount of time it'll take you to do this, if indeed it is possible, as the passwords are stored seperate to the dial-up connectoid, it would be easier to just rebuild the dial-up connection on the reinstalled platform.

I don't believe this is possible anyway as this would make it ridiculously easy to steal peoples passwords...

I'm assuming you either can't remember the password, or are trying to hijack someones account.

If you can't remember the password (or don't know how to re-setup a dial up connection) ring your ISP.

If you want to steal someones account. Don't.

pluto
17-05-2003, 04:58 PM
Thankx Whiskey

Yeah i thought so that it cant be done,
Well it is my account so dont worry i am not hacking or stealing passwords.

But i just wanted ot know if it s possible as i am installing 3 OS (multiboot) on 2 PC's here and so i could just go in each one and paste the dialer.....instead of creating for every OS!!

Looks like it cant be done.
Cheers :)

wol1nn
17-05-2003, 05:11 PM
if you cant remember your passwords and there stared over like this **** then download this nifty little program
www.snadboy.com/
install it and it will tell you what the passwords are under the stars

Tim