PDA

View Full Version : Works Address Book

jerry_23
17-05-2003, 03:10 PM
Recently, I exported my address book from outlook express due to a reformat. Now, I can't seem to import it back again. A message appears saying "The address book file has been locked by another application, close the application and try again later". I have done all of that but still no luck. Any answers?

Susan B
17-05-2003, 04:31 PM
What versions of Windows are we talking about here? And is this the Works address book (I did not know there was one) or Outlook Express address book?

Where did you export your address book to and how? If it is the Outlook Express address book and you have the .wab file all you need do it replace the existing .wab file with it.

jerry_23
17-05-2003, 05:19 PM
Yes it is a .WAB file. I exported it out of Outlook express which was running on a Win98 machine, whatever version that would be. Now when I attempt to import the file in outlook express, the error message appears.

Susan B
17-05-2003, 05:44 PM
Instead of importing through Outlook Express try just replacing the existing .wab with your backed up .wab file in Windows Explorer. Make sure OE is not running before you do this.