PDA

View Full Version : weirdo graphics/photos problem...

falvrez
15-05-2003, 11:18 PM
evening all

My wife is nagging me like hell to fix this problem, and I have to say Im a bit stuck.

She sells stuff through the trademe website sending up photos she takes with our Fuji digicam. unitl late last month pics were looking perfect - now they are all, well, blocky and look like crap.
The images before and now are all under 100k in size, she takes them at 640x480 and they look perfect on screen in Paint Shop Pro 6 (or any other grpahics program/browser *until* she uploads them to Trademe, then when you view the page there they look like blah.
Ideas? I just downloaded PSP ver 8 demo and same scenario: they look great straight off the camera, but when they are uploaded they look like s**t.

Any help very much appreciated before she throttles me in my sleep, screaming "no bids, no bids!" :)

Cheers

godfather
15-05-2003, 11:31 PM
When you view the "full size picture" on the TradeMe site, right click it and select "properties"

See what the pixel size really is after its been placed in the web site.

Can you point us to one of the items so we can see what you mean?
I would hate to see any part of you throttled while you sleep......

tweak\'e
15-05-2003, 11:33 PM
what browser do you use?

does it look bad to everyone esle (other pc's)?

and have you got a link so we can have a look?

cheers

falvrez
15-05-2003, 11:37 PM
Hey GF

Yes well you can see why I'm having a late night :)

I did save one of the pics from the website after uploading it (forgot to mention sorry) and I did notice that the colours had reduced from 18000 in the original to something like 1100...weird.
Pixel size is staying the same - just seems a reduction in resolution...

Here's one bad one:
http://www.trademe.co.nz/photoserver/42/1145242_full.jpg
Here's an older good one:
http://www.trademe.co.nz/photoserver/0/1083700_full.jpg

Thanks for the quick reply.

-=JM=-
15-05-2003, 11:43 PM
Probably either your browser resizing them so they fit or it's trademe having a smaller image that when clicked brings up the bigger one. Or they're just making images smaller to save space and traffic.

godfather
15-05-2003, 11:44 PM
You mean you can fit in those clothes? Gosh.

The problem is not immediately obvious to me (but I am partially colour blind)....

falvrez
15-05-2003, 11:51 PM
Hey call me kinky!
nah she buys and sells them...got two kids, don't want *no* more.

Jen C
15-05-2003, 11:55 PM
I can see that the pink baby outfit does look more pixelated to me (it is only 7.2 KB in size), but has the same 24 bits per pixel as the other image.

tweak\'e
16-05-2003, 12:00 AM
all i see is the bad one is 7k in size and the good one is 24k.

are you sure you havn't changed the jpeg quality settings when you down size them?

falvrez
16-05-2003, 08:12 AM
nope haven't changed quality settings, in fact as soon as she told me there was a problem I bumbped it up to max quality...

Curly
16-05-2003, 10:31 AM
They both look perfectly fine to me. IE5.0.