PDA

View Full Version : changing wallpaper / file spec

effie C
15-05-2003, 11:50 AM
Hi this is to thank 140103 and godfather for their info in changing the wallpaper from the posting 14 May-which has led to a result.
Being further down the line it is worth putting in a fresh post for the public, to see readily.
Godfather suggested a file change in win X was about having to use a paint type process to change the format - and it worked. In fact I used Paint Shop Pro to do it - and as godfather said a fresh filing was required - and not a simple alteration which to me, meant just a simple "click" Ha! not so.
I recommend that any new query would be worth going to the answers in the original post of 14 May
effie c

Susan B
15-05-2003, 01:37 PM
Glad to hear you fixed your problem Effie.

You could also have changed the format in Paintbrush if you did not have Paintshop Pro, simply by saving the file as a .jpg instead of .bmp.

> Being further down the line it is worth putting in a fresh post for the public, to see readily.

Just a little tip for you: it is a good idea to keep your posts in the same thread so that people can see the history of your problem. If you had posted this in your original thread it would have been "bumped" up the page and everyone would know what you are talking about.

Doing it this way means that anyone reading your other thread in the future (eg doing a search on wallpaper) will miss this post and not know what the outcome was.

Just thought you would like to know for future reference. :-)

godfather
15-05-2003, 01:47 PM
Hi effie c

Glad it worked.

I had read through the posts, and had formed the conclusion - though it wasn't stated anywhere - that you may have been "renaming" and not changing the actual file type.

Its not always immediately obvious for many that renaming is almost always the wrong method.

With later versions of Windows its not necessary, as the wallpaper can be .jpg.