PDA

View Full Version : ISDX_ERR_BADWINDOWSVERSION

mick2
15-05-2003, 01:00 AM
Hi,
I got this V-RALLY Expert edition 2 free game C.D out of a box of Kelloggs Nutrigrain, so thought I'd have a look at it,well after I finished installing it up pops a message. ISDX_ERR_BADWINDOWSVERSION- entry not found in the string table. I click OK to this and up pops another box " severe" and the game won't work, so I've uninstalled it. Can any one help.

Thanks Mick

Babe Ruth
15-05-2003, 10:04 AM
Mick2,

Without having details of your system e.g. operating system/version etc I would guess an incompatibility between your environment and DirectX software. Do you have DirectX installed and configured for the system you are trying to run this game on. Are you trying to install ANOTHER version of Directx that is not compatible with your system. Post back more details so we can help you.

Babe.

Kame
15-05-2003, 11:37 AM
This is usually because you are trying to install an older game on WinXP that has compatibility issues. You could try the compatibility option with WinXP but it still may not work.

mick2
15-05-2003, 09:41 PM
Thanks Babe Ruth you got it right,silly me! was trying to install a old version of Direct x, that was on the game C.D. Great to have helpers like you.

Thanks Mick

Babe Ruth
16-05-2003, 01:19 PM
Mick2,

No problem... glad to be of help.

Enjoy the game.

Cheers, Babe.