PDA

View Full Version : About that PF1 access problem.......

Billy T
12-05-2003, 04:36 PM
I am still getting DNS errors (but not server timeouts) trying to access PF1 via Jetstream so I have swapped over to dial up. That seems to be working OK (quelle horreur) so what could be iffy about my Xtra connection that would make it act up like that? Xtra says no known problems on their network (as usual).

I have my router off at the moment to get a new IP address in case that is the problem. I've had that before where a small number of sites were inacessible and after 35 minutes with the router off Telecom gave a new IP addy and away we went.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Cheers

Billy 8-{) :(

Billy T
12-05-2003, 04:40 PM
Belay that over optimistic message! I got a DNS error trying to post it.

Bugger, I hate it when that happens. X-(

Cheers

Billy 8-{) :(

exLL
12-05-2003, 05:24 PM
Hi Billy.

I am posting this in case it has any bearing on your problem.

As you are aware, I am on dial up with Clear and use Win 98. I found recently that my desktop icon would no longer work for Press F1, but that I could access ok through Google.

I put up with it until I read Poppa John's posting of May 11, 2003 11:53 AM, headed as PF1 Login. He had the same problem and found that the icon pointed to an old address for the forum. The problem was fixed when he changed it to the new address. I did the same and my problem is fixed also.

I noted your problem with the Hyundai 7770 monitor, thanks for mentioning it. So far mine is showing no odd behaviour. I hope yours manages to keep going ok.

Cheers :)

Mary H
12-05-2003, 05:26 PM
FYI, the "new" address is http://pressf1.pcworld.co.nz/

Billy T
12-05-2003, 05:49 PM
Thanks exLL

I changed my icon properties during the great Null epidemic last year so that is unlikely to be an issue but I will check just in case.

Old Faithful sure is acting arthritic right now and I'm actually using the young pretender at the moment while some on-line diagnostics are running on the old girl.

Actually, running is a serious exaggeration, crawling is more like it so something is seriously amiss with the poor old thing. She hasn't been quite the same since I brought the new laptop into the family so maybe jealousy lies at the root. :D

I'm pleased to say it had the opposite effect on the Hyundai monitor which pulled its socks up quick-smart and hasn't so much as twitched since.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)