PDA

View Full Version : Q811493 displeasure

dataseeker2000
12-05-2003, 02:01 PM
Yep, I d\loaded the security patch with this damned file and sure enough, the computer is on a goslo. I wonder why they didn't take it off updates until it was fixed?
Now we wait for another patch to eventually arrive.
Grrrrrrr.

jackyht
12-05-2003, 11:59 PM
they (microsoft) just want to make people go slower instead of today's word "fast technology world"

right, let's be a snail from now on

so dataseeker, did u delete that patch, i am sure you are glad that you have removed that patch.. because you will feel your computer will go faster than it previously....

to tell you the truth, after i installed that patch, i almost want to kill this machine because it reduced my computer speed significantly, but lucky i received alot of advice/feedback from this forum and remove this file.. now i feel my computer is fast as ever

haha
jackyht

Murray P
13-05-2003, 12:16 AM
Hi

If you use the windows update catalogue option at the winupdate site, it makes going back and restoring updates a whole lot simpler.

Cheers Murray P

JamesStewart
13-05-2003, 12:49 AM
I uninstalled this patch and it completly stuffed my computer. Had to do a reinstall of windows and then had to do a full install after a reformat! Good old Microsoft (Bastards!!!!) X(

dataseeker2000
13-05-2003, 09:51 AM
I tried a system restore but it refused to obilge so as far as I am aware [ not a great distance to be sure ] thats that unless I do a full reinstall which is what I have been doing for 3 days and what got me into this spot in the first instance.

jackyht
14-05-2003, 12:37 AM
Hi James

are you sure that you need to delete this patch, all you have to do is goto Control Panel and select add/remove and find that Q811493 and just click remove. Follow the instruction and it will delete straight away...

i think u have actually delete some other files instead of this because my friends and myself all have downloaded that previously, now have deleted this patch, we don't have any problem like you who need to reformat the whole windows....

jackyht

PoWa
14-05-2003, 03:56 AM
Its just like the old story, Microsoft in cahoots with the hard drive manufacturers so they bloat Windows up and make it chew up more hard drive space.

Well guys...it looks like their in cahoots with AMD and Intel as well! Look out! ;) :p