PDA

View Full Version : ProSouth Technology Solutions - 64mb USB Flash drive any good?

somebody
10-05-2003, 03:35 PM
I have seen this product advertised in a recent Netguide:
http://www.prosouth.co.nz/hardware/products/usbmini.htm
for $59 (64mb mini one).

Has anybody bought things from ProSouth before, and what is their service like?

The fact that I cannot find a physical address on their website worries me.

-=JM=-
10-05-2003, 04:25 PM
Never heard of them before and don't know anyone that has used them. But you should find that most comuter retailers can get similar items as can places like DSE if you like those places.

I'd just get in contact with your favourite retailer.

somebody
10-05-2003, 04:43 PM
I've tried Harvey Norman, Dick Smith, and Noel Leeming, and all places are much much more expensive than ProSouth, or they didn't have them.

I found that Paradigm PCs had a similar product, physically larger, and cost $64...

Susan B
10-05-2003, 05:00 PM
They really should have their address on their site. I notice that there is no physical address in the White Pages either. Try emailing them and asking for their street address.

There are a few Southlanders on this forum, wait a while and they might have something to say about them.

Graham L
11-05-2003, 01:50 PM
They say they're members of the Chamber of Commerce. That may mean something. :D

somebody
11-05-2003, 04:10 PM
A few emails later (surprisingly quick response, considering it's Sunday) and I've tracked down their physical address, and I have an indication of what they're like. They even let me choose what courier company I want an order posted with :D .

Their service so far seems very good (compared to some others - Computer Link - where I ask for a quote, and they told me to go and look on their website!!!).

If anybody is in Dunedin, and knows where Beaumont St is, can you please let me know vaguely what sort of area it is in. I suspect it isn't in the CBD.

bmason
11-05-2003, 04:47 PM
Theres a Beaumont Road up in Bellknowes. I don't know of a beaumont st, but my street knowledge isn't great.

I assume its run from home which is why they didn't list their address. I know a few people who have said they are good to deal with.

somebody
11-05-2003, 08:45 PM
sorry... it is Beaumont Rd. I dug up an old map to have a look myself as well.

Now I just have to ask if i'm allowed to use these type of devices where I intend to use them (place of work).

Graham L
12-05-2003, 01:33 PM
Are the customer list and all the comany secrets that you want to take to your new job only 64 MB? :D