PDA

View Full Version : Organising the start menu...

promethius
08-05-2003, 05:31 PM
I seem to remember a topic not too long ago about this very subject but I can't seem to find it?

I decided to organise my start menu into groups (i.e. Games, Utils, etc...) and so to do this I went into the start menu folder, created new folders, and moved the appropriate program folders into those groups. I closed the start menu folder and checked the start menu for these changes. But there was no change!? I went back to the start menu folder and all was how I had left it, all sorted nicely into groups?

Why are the changes in my start menu folder mirrored in my start menu?

I am running Windows XP Home. Thanks.

-=JM=-
08-05-2003, 06:17 PM
Are you playing with the correct start menu. There will be different ones for different users.

promethius
08-05-2003, 07:56 PM
Ok, I found out that the programs are moving into the groups that I put them into. The problem now is that there are program folders that are on the start menu that I cant see when I open the start menu folder. What's going on???

Susan B
08-05-2003, 11:47 PM
You are getting muddled up because you are probably trying to organise your User Account start menu when you might be needing to organise the Adminstrator Account start menu.

The thread you are after is here (http://pressf1.pcworld.co.nz/thread.jsp?forum=1&thread=34291).

Chilling_Silently
08-05-2003, 11:53 PM
Right-Click on the start menu, and there's two options, 'All Users' or just Open.. Are you sure they're not getting confused?

promethius
10-05-2003, 04:58 PM
Yes I was getting confused. It happens a lot :p. Thanks guys/girls...

Thomas
10-05-2003, 05:37 PM
You are not alone.;)