PDA

View Full Version : xp modem driver

Royh
06-05-2003, 02:12 PM
Hi Does anyone know where I can get a XP compatible driver for a PCI simple communications controller .
Thanks

-=JM=-
06-05-2003, 02:33 PM
What is it that you're wanting a driver for. That description could be one of many winmodems.

Spacemannz
10-05-2003, 05:08 PM
XP should detect it automatically after the modem has been installed. I have one of these modems. XP picked up OK with no probs. Have u enabled Plug & Play in the BIOS? Does it bring up any error messages? When or if it tries to install drivers for it?

Spacemannz
10-05-2003, 05:11 PM
Oops, the other thing u can do, is look on the modem (I think this is a dynalink). Most dynalink modems have numbers/model #'s on them. See what the label says on the card. Then go to www.dynalink.co.nz then downloads, then look for that model of the modem and download it then install it.

Captive
11-05-2003, 05:02 PM
Try looking at the Circuit board of the Modem to see if it has a FCC code on it and try searching for it

failing that try looking for other identification data e.g. chipset information on the chips or otherwise.

The name you listed is to vast in what it could be to find an exact match

PoWa
11-05-2003, 06:30 PM
Yep with XP, you really have to go inside your computer and read what is on the Telepermit sticker. That will tell you your modem make and type.

I had huge problems with my Modem in XP, it told me my modem was a RealTek ***** type modem and so I installed drivers accordingly. It wasn't until a month ago when I was pulling the stupid thing out, that I read on the lable of the card that it was a PureTek modem!

Could have saved myself so much hassle.

Anyway, once you've found your modem make and model number, go to www.driverguide.com and search for it on there.

login: driver
pw: all