PDA

View Full Version : Downloaded files

04-09-1998, 10:48 PM
I changed a tick box for the settings for the folder when I download files. I had it set for a folder and now all downloads go to a temporary folder, and Winzip pops up to extract them. Ok I now want to go back to save them to a specified folder. How do I do this. TIA

limepile
28-09-2007, 11:44 PM
You should be using Firefox, if not go to mozilla and d/l it. It has the easiest download manager... go to tools,options>main , there you'll see the default setting is the desktop...by far the easiest place to find your stuff, and you can move the files anywhere you like from there. You can change the default setting by clicking browse and choosing a prefered location.
As to finding your other files, try to d/l somethng and look to where windoze is going to put it, your other stuff will be there.
Good luck.
I mean it about FF

zqwerty
28-09-2007, 11:48 PM
lol

Renmoo
28-09-2007, 11:49 PM
You should be using Firefox, if not go to mozilla and d/l it. It has the easiest download manager... go to tools,options>main , there you'll see the default setting is the desktop...by far the easiest place to find your stuff, and you can move the files anywhere you like from there. You can change the default setting by clicking browse and choosing a prefered location.
As to finding your other files, try to d/l somethng and look to where windoze is going to put it, your other stuff will be there.
Good luck.
I mean it about FF
Unfortunately, Firefox wasn't available in 1998 (or 1997?) when Netscape hasn't yet morphed into open source.

Anyway, in Internet Explorer, try mess around with the settings under Tools > Options.

Cheers :)