PDA

View Full Version : Webcam Audio problem

zakk
03-05-2003, 03:37 PM
I have recently installed a Creative Webcam5 and nearly everything works fine except for poor audio. No matter what setting I give it (currently 30,000 Hz,16 bits, Stereo) the play back sounds a little like an inbuilt stammer. Most words are almost continuously repeated!
The system sound card is FM801 and the normal audio recording (without the Webcam) works fine and is a clear as a bell. In the installation of the Webcam software, there is, of course provision to tell the system that the FM801 is the preferred audio device. None of the Help Files with the Webcam cover the symptoms experienced and infer that it should work as setup.
Any help would be appreciated as my knowledge on the whole matter is very, very limited.

godfather
03-05-2003, 04:14 PM
crystal ball fogging over

What Operating System, What hardware (PC Specs)?

zakk
03-05-2003, 05:02 PM
Sorry I should have mentioned that.. Operating system Windows 98SE on AMD-K6 (451MHz) with 256MB Ram.
I am aware that the whole computer is probably borderline to run a Webcam but the results on the Video side are acceptable. Flicker free and without any noticeable hesitation of the action on playback.

I hope I'm not expecting too much from probably an inadequate computer!