PDA

View Full Version : How come i cant play Liero ? its a dos game.

lincoln_m
29-04-2003, 07:13 PM
Is there anyway to make my Windows XP run Leiro? A simple DOS game??!! Its says when i get into it, that i dont have enough 'ram'
i have 512 mb ddr !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. how annoying.
im sure it doesnt work on Windows Xp, becuase ive tried it on 3 computers, all with windows xp, and the one with windows 98SE works fine !!

Pheonix
29-04-2003, 07:20 PM
Win 2K and XP are not written on a DOS base, hence it's goodbye to the old DOS games. The commands in XP are small in number. Sorry. Maybe somewhere out there in Internet land, there maybe a program that will allow you, but I don't know of it. Could be someone will enlighten us :)

godfather
29-04-2003, 07:21 PM
Windows XP does not have DOS underpinning the OS, Windows 98 does.

The program will be looking for contiguous memory under 640 k, the old DOS limit. There may be a workaround, have you tried the program running under "compatability mode"?

Blue_face
29-04-2003, 09:28 PM
This is one way i know how to play dos game when u are using Win XP, first create a boot disc from the win98 machine, then use it to boot into dos mode and start the game from there. (use your old dos command ;) )

However, u mite not b able to have sound when you playing, depending on your soundcard.

godfather
30-04-2003, 12:31 AM
But if XP has been installed using NTFS, its unlikely to succeed using a W98 boot disk, as the HDD will be unreadable....

segfault
30-04-2003, 12:39 AM
Maybe you could have a look at FreeDOS? Never used it myself so I don't know what its like, but it might be just what you're looking for.