PDA

View Full Version : WinFax Pro

garyasta
29-04-2003, 01:08 PM
I am using Cheyenne BitWare Receive Manager to receive voice calls and fax messages. I understand that WinFax Pro is a better fax sending/receiving program but it does not appear to have a voice manager facility.

Is there some way of integrating WinFax PRO with the voice message processing of BitWare or is there something that can take the place of the BitWare. I read a little about TalkWorks PRO but can find nothing significant on it.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Gary

CYaBro
29-04-2003, 01:48 PM
I have used Talkworks Pro briefly and it is basically WinFax Pro with answering machine built in.
Didn't actually use the voice side of it so can't say how good it is but Winfax is good and pretty easy to use.
Even got it sending and receiving faxes via a cellphone!

Peter Coleman
29-04-2003, 03:48 PM
Hi Gary,I used to use Talkworks as my answerphone,it came with Winfax Pro 8,and found it pretty good.They took it out of Winfax after that version,and you had to buy it seperately from later versions,but you may be able to find a copy of Winfax Pro 8 second hand on something like Trade-me.co.nz.All in all,a good program,both voice and fax.

Peter

Merlin
29-04-2003, 06:28 PM
Comparing telephone answering software with fax software.

Next time compare apples with apples and oranges with oranges.

Talkworks (which was only supported to Windows Me and NT) has been discontinued.

Winfax Pro 10.02 is supported up to and including Windows XP.

Further details at Symantec's site

Rod ger
29-04-2003, 10:11 PM
I am using Winfax 8.03 at present and have used Bitware in the past. Both have their good/bad points, but on the whole I prefer Winfax as it is a little more acessable in tems of fileing fax/messages. Both programs seem to go along for up to six months and then develop mysterious bugs. Complete reinstallation is the only cure.

garyasta
30-04-2003, 11:37 PM
Many thanks for your replies. They have clarified one or two points.

Cheers
Gary